Flood recovery funding available for farmers

The government has recently introduced the Farming Recovery Fund to help farmers in the north of England recover from recent flooding.

The fund provides money to farmers in Yorkshire, Lancashire, Cumbria, Northumberland and Durham whose agricultural land has been affected by the floods in December 2015.

Farmers can apply for a grant to help go towards the costs of restoring their land to the state it was in before the flooding.

Who can apply?

Only farmers that have agricultural land in Yorkshire, Lancashire, Cumbria, Northumberland and Durham can apply for the Farming Recovery Fund.

You must also:

  • Have been trading on 1st December 2015
  • Have been affected by the flooding which took place from 4th to 9th or on 25th to 26th of December 2015
  • Be an ‘active farmer’ (as defined in Article 4 of Council Regulations (EC) 1307/2013). This covers farmers who claimed the Basic Payment Scheme (BPS) in 2015

How much can be claimed?

This depends on what activities you want funding for and how much they will cost.

But, as a rough guide, the minimum grant available is £500 and the maximum is £20,000.

How to apply?

You can find the application form and details of how to apply for the Farming Recovery Fund here.

The deadline for applications is 1st April 2016.

Source: Gov.uk

Need advice? Get in touch today

Please call Zoë Carmichael on 01482 324252.

Or email zc@gosschalks.co.uk.

Return to the blog archive »

The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.

Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.

Click here to view our Terms of Use