Matthew specialises in resolving disputes in the construction and property sectors. He acts for a number of the leading construction and development companies in the Yorkshire region and regularly deals with Adjudications, Arbitrations, TCC litigation and representing parties in Mediations.
"The most important thing is getting hold of a tricky and complicated dispute and identifying the pathway to a quick and successful outcome for my client".
Matthew is recognised for his passionate interest in the law and commercial, down to earth attitude. He acted for the successful party in a number of leading reported cases including:-
- Arnold White Estates Ltd v National Grid Electricity Transmission plc - Lands Chamber | Link to judgment
- Arnold White Estates Ltd v National Grid Electricity Transmission plc - Court of Appeal | Link to judgment
- C R Reynolds Ltd v Shepherd Construction Ltd (Court of Appeal) | Link to judgment | Press link
- Anderson Antiques v Anderson Wharf | Link to judgment
- Hortimax Limited -v- Hedon Salads Limited  Adj. L R 10/15
Matthew is regularly asked to deliver specialist in-house construction seminars across the region on topics including dispute avoidance and adjudication practice and procedure.
- Member of Constructing Excellence.
- Member of the Professional Negligence Lawyers Association.
Member of the Property Litigation Association.
- LL.B University of Hull (First Class)
- Legal Practice Course - University of Sheffield (Distinction)
Running, family, reading, Tottenham Hotspur FC.