Gosschalks is a Data Controller within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). We are firm of solicitors, practicing as a partnership from premises located at Queens Gardens, Hull, HU1 3DZ.
This Privacy Statement sets out the basis upon which any personal data that we collect from you or that you provide to us via this website will be processed by us.
To understand how this Privacy Statement applies to you personally, you may also need to refer to any personal communications you have received from us, check any privacy notices that we have provided or contact us to ask about your personal circumstances. You may also wish to contact our Privacy Team via email@example.com.
Gosschalks are committed to maintaining full compliance with the requirements of the GDPR. These Regulations are designed to ensure that any personal data that we process is stored securely, is accurate, and is processed fairly, lawfully and transparently, and that we protect the rights of any data subject. The GDPR also grants a number of rights to data subjects, which are described below.
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.gosschalks.co.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a service, enter a promotion or survey, or during the course of other activities commonly carried out on our site including when you report a problem. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number and other information relating to your reason to interact with us via our website.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number;
- information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses Made of the Personal Data
We may use personal data held about you in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
We may combine information that we receive from other sources with that information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information with selected third parties including Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Gosschalks or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
TRANSFER OUTSIDE OF THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
It may sometimes be necessary to transfer personal data overseas, normally for secure storage in the Cloud, when storage servers may be located outside the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA). When this is required, any transfers of personal data overseas will be made in full compliance with the GDPR, and we have put in place safeguards to ensure that personal data is stored securely in the event that it is transferred outside the United Kingdom.
Under GDPR, you have the following rights in respect of personal data held or processed by Gosschalks:
- the right of Access, in the event that you wish to know what personal data we hold on your behalf
- the right of Rectification, in the event that the personal data we hold on your behalf is inaccurate
- the right of Erasure, in the event that you wish us to destroy personal data held by us on your behalf
- the right of Data Portability, in the event that you wish to transfer your personal data elsewhere
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will never disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The rights listed above are not exhaustive – GDPR gives you a number of other rights, but those listed above are likely to be of most interest to data subjects. For further information about your rights under GDPR, please contact our Privacy Team on email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of other networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.