We are committed to protecting the environment and to treating natural resources with care and respect. We strive towards continual improvement in terms of its environmental impact, in line with legislative requirements and best practice.
Managed by our Green Committee, which is headed up by senior figures within the business, we work towards achieving the following:
- To conduct our business in a way conducive to the protection of the environment.
- To monitor our environmental performance to make sure we identify areas of concern and, as appropriate, take action to reduce environmental impact.
- To involve all employees through communication of the environmental message by management. Employees are encouraged to feel personally responsible for helping to deliver compliance with this policy.
- When purchasing, to seek to improve efficiency in the use of energy, raw materials and natural resources. And, where appropriate, to select materials derived from sustainable resources.
- To comply with environmental legislation and regulations.
- To recycle all waste that is capable of being recycled.
- To monitor and seek to reduce power consumption through our ‘Switch it off’ campaigns.
This policy has a clear impact on our Business Plan and, accordingly, Gosschalks’ Environmental and Sustainability Policy is reviewed annually as part of the firm’s Business Planning process.
Gosschalks is a registered user of the Law Society Legal Sector Alliance website. This is an inclusive movement of law firms and organisations committed to working collaboratively to take action on climate change by reducing their carbon footprint and adopting environmentally sustainable practices.
Using the LSA’s core principles as a benchmark, we are committed to ensuring Gosschalks continues to minimise its impact on the environment.
We have also taken part in the Business in the Community Environment Index initiative. The index uses a framework of best practice to shape our approach to environmental issues as well as to benchmark against peers.
For all enquiries regarding our environmental and sustainability policy, please contact Steve Savage.